Wix vs WordPress Main difference between the Wix and WordPress. WordPress is standalone software. Firstly you need to install on a web server. After that, you will be able to use it as the software running your site.
Wix is a tool. Once you will signed up in wix platform, It allows you to creation and management of the website within Wix.com. It takes care of the web hosting (server as well as domain) and technical support.
What’s Wix ?
- Wix is the platform which allows you to create a website from scratch according to own.
- In wix, you can manage the element with drag and drop functionality. No need of the coding skills. So normal people who does not know about the coding, they will able to create the website using wix.
- Wix provide the free subdomain (Ex. Yoursite.wix.com) and if you want the custom domain (Ex: Yoursite.com), then some amount will be charged.
- There are various templates in which you can choose design from that for creating the webiste.
- There is 24/7 support provided by wix.
How to Create website using Wix:
After successfully signup in wix, it gives the access to choose the template from the existing site design and its website builder for managing the templates. In last, ultimately publish the website.
Customize the templates using the left toolbar
- Add new element (boxes, buttons, images, menus, social icons etc.)
- Background updation (image, color or video etc.)
- Add the apps from Wix app market (such as comment module, chat, mail, newsletter module, wix store module and more)
- Upload your own files (slider banner, images, audio, video and more)
The drag-and-drop functionality means you do not need to know any coding skills to customize your site, just drag the elements around the page (add or remove them) according to design.
For e-commerce, add the Wix store module in order to sell the products online and collect payments.
How to Update content using Wix
If you want to change the existing text on the page, just double click on it and an editor window will pop up and whatever you want to change, you can change. Double click on the words or sentences will show you the customization options such as bold, italic and underline for the text element.
Publish the Website using Wix
After adjusting your pages, you can publish the site.
Note: Wix provide the subdomain and subdirectory for the site. So you can access the website using that detail.
What is WordPress ?
- WordPress is standalone software. Firstly you need to install on a web server. After that, you will be able to use it as the software running your site.
- It provides various built-in features.
- WordPress has various website themes.
- WordPress provides multiple extensions. Most of them are free.
- WordPress setup is free, but you need to spend amount to buy the custom domain (Ex: Yoursite.com) and a web server. It does not work without these things.
- There is no support from wordpress side.
How to Create the website using WordPress
WordPress is a very different from Wix in statring phase.
Wix website can be create and publish within a single interface after logging in to Wix.com while WordPress requires the some tasks before you get to work with your actual website.
Firstly, you need to make the hosting account for buying a web server and a domain name for starting the wordpress site. After that connect the both using DNS configuration and then you can start installing the WordPress.
These are following steps:
- Setting up your hosting account
- Registering a domain
- Installing a WordPress
Go to http://YourSite.com/wp-admin and login with the credentials given to you by the web hosting. You will be able to change the themes, adding new post & page and add new extension from WordPress admin section.
How to Install theme in WordPress
This can be done by going to Appearance > Themes (from the left menu) and then click on Add New.
Install Plugin in WordPress
WordPress extensions provide you the new features that are not available in WordPress out of the box.
For instance, you can get extension that will take care of your site’s mail functionality, newsletter, contact form functionality, images optimization, enable caching and more.
This can be done by going to Plugins > Add New and click on Add New. You can see exmple Delete WordPress Comments.
How to Publish Post in WordPress
There are two main content types in WordPress: Posts and pages.
- If you want to make the blog, you need to add the new post. Posts appear in blog’s home page in by default theme.
- Pages such as ‘Contact’, ‘About’ etc. You can use pages to organize and manage any content.
To create a new blog post, going to Posts > Add New, add text, images and video and hit publish.
Note: You can access the website using domain name.
Hello everyone, we hope you really enjoy Wix vs WordPress post. If you have any doubts regarding post, please comment below.